City Clerk / Treasurer
Deborah Gilbert has worked for the City of Lanett for the past 10 years and has served as the City Clerk since May 2016. Prior to coming to the City of Lanett she served as Operations Manager for a telecommunications company.
- Phone: 334-644-5208
The City Clerk’s office is responsible for:
Council MeetingsPreparing agendas for City Council meetings, recording and transcribing the minutes of these meetings.
RecordsPreparation, maintenance and distribution of all city records including resolutions, ordinances, meeting agendas, minutes, and cemetery records.
ElectionsThe City Clerk is the city’s Chief Election Official and is responsible for the administration of municipal elections.
UtilitiesIf you have a question regarding your utility bills or need other general information concerning utilities please contact the City Clerk.
You may also contact the Clerk’s office to:
- Obtain a copy of City Ordinances
- Request to speak at Council work session
- Request to speak at Council meeting
- Contact a City Council member or arrange for an appointment
The City Treasurer’s office is responsible for:
- Maintaining the financial records of the city.
- Accounts payable
- Establishing and maintaining a variety of payroll and personnel records, completing other related reports, and providing general clerical support as required.
- The City Treasurer works with the City Clerk, city department heads, and other city employees.